We would like to thank Ozona Elementary School for coming to visit our local museum. We greatly enjoyed your company and cant wait for next years bunch!
Ivan Weir from Ontario, Canada stopped by the museum April 29, 2016. He was one of the few people who helped to restore the 1892 Gig located at the museum. The Gig was then purchased by Mr. Gene Perry who in turn donated it to the Crockett County Historical Society. A Gig is defined as a two wheeled vehicle, that was used with two people riding it facing towards the front.
Ivan caught our attention when he arrived to the museum. He was very interested in going up to our third floor and visiting our buggy room. He had quiet a bit of history on how this Gig ended up here at our local Museum and gave plenty of detail. We thanked him for stopping by and also thanked him for the work he put in to make such a wonderful Carriage ride many tourist enjoy seeing at or local museum.
- 15% to 25% off on select Store items.
- New Christmas inventory in stock.
- Become a MEMBER today and receive 25% off on all store items (exempt consignment).
- Limited number of our gorgeous Christmas Wreaths.
~~Come and support Crockett County Muesum we will love to help you with any services~~
- Our show will be held at the Ozona Senior Center, Saturday December 5, 2015 @ 2pm.
- Wool and Mohair jackets by Dolores Unique Designs in Camp Wood, Tx!
- Refreshments and exciting prizes will be given out!
- TICKETS ARE STILL FOR SALE, COME BY AND SEE US!
Stop by and see Crockett County Museum’s Annual Veteran’s Exhibit on display now until December 18th 2015
Here’s a quick preview of a few of the things you will see in our Veteran’s Exhibit:
March in to the Crockett County Museum and have a tour of our annual Veteran’s exhibit to honor those who served. This exhibit will be available for a limited time. You don’t want to miss it!
Some of the exhibits you will see in this include
- Information and items of women who served our country that are former and present citizens of Crockett County.
- Photos of our veterans who have served dating all the way back to the Civil War through Operation Iraqi Freedom.